Tantribeau strives for exciting senior year

By Jaclyn Quan

“I wanted to be able to represent the class of 2019 as accurately as possible,” stated William Tantribeau, Senior Class President.

For this reason, Tantribeau felt prompted to run for senior class president. In his own words, he stated that the diversity of students from different backgrounds and social circles in his grade motivated him to be a candidate whose goal was to represent everyone equally.

“He always works really hard to satisfy everyone even when it seems impossible,” stated senior Angela Li.

As the current senior class president and ASB member, Tantribeau is responsible for organizing and hosting events such as Homecoming and pep rallies. Most importantly, his role as the class president is to not only represent the Class of 2019 but also serve as a coordinator for all of the senior-related activities such as Grad Nite.

Asides from being the senior class president, Tantribeau is also a co-founder and current president of the school’s UNICEF club and the national council for the organization. Due to his experiences involving leadership positions, Tantribeau stated that these roles have helped shaped him into the wise, ambitious person he is today.

“[My experiences in leadership roles] had humbled me, disciplined me, and gave me exposure to the real world,” he stated. “I noticed that people are [moved] by the things I do.”  

Being apart of ASB as a class president, Tantribeau has also learned how to be more organized and diligent with time and preparation.

“People think it’s so simple and easy to be a part of ASB, but nothing ever goes according to plan,” stated Tantribeau. “Things take time and so do people.”

He hopes to apply the knowledge he gains from ASB in the future to become skilled at organizing events and communicating with people. In addition, being an ASB member has allowed him to become a more rational and realistic decision maker. With this mindset, he stated that he would apply it in real-life scenarios.

As of now, Tantribeau’s plan as class president is to receive approval from the school administration to host Senior Sunrise Day, a future event in the spring designated for seniors. Additionally, he will be coordinating the senior panorama and Senior Checkout Day. In the end, Tantribeau wants to make this year an enjoyable time for his fellow classmates and a fun experience that they will all remember.