What’s Hot/ What’s Not

February Hot/Not

By Lana Hy

Hot: Barrettes

Barrettes are made to easily snap onto one’s hair while pulling back strands. It is also a must-have accessory when it comes to placing them on front pockets of jeans to add style.

Not: Bobby pins

Bobby pins are notorious for breaking hair, especially when crisscrossing them for extra hold. In addition, one can scrape their scalp when not realizing that the protective plastic ends are no longer intact while wearing them.

Hot: Zebra Mildliners

Featuring water resistant, quick drying ink as well as caps that indicate its color, Zebra Mildliners are quintessential for bullet journaling. These highlighters are also ideal for note-taking, underlining, and color-coding.

Not: Stabilo Highlighters

Despite the aesthetic appeal, the colors are not as bold as the caps imply they would be. If looking for a new set of bright highlighters to make one’s notes stand out, do not take a stab at finding Stabilo Highlighters.  

Hot: Kankens

Not only are Kanken backpacks trendy, but they are waterproof and come with seat pads that are ideal for storing in the back pocket of the main compartment to keep objects inside of the bag from pressing against one’s back.

Not: Herschel backpacks

During rainy days, the leather of Herschel backpacks are prone to crumple. The cheap leather the company uses kills the crisp look of the bag. In addition, the struggles of opening as well as closing Herschel zippers are real.

Hot: Tpumps

Free samples, the option to customize drink flavors, and uniqueness of toppings such as taro and red bean makes Tpumps a pivotal stop for boba drinks. Plus, their price of  $3.50 for a 24-ounce cup is hard to beat.

Not: Quickly

Not only is the milk tea diluted, but the boba is too hard to chew. To make matters worse, the wait time is not as quick as one might think when there is a line. 

Hot: ThermoFlask

The ThermoFlask is an essential bottle when it comes to keeping your drink cool for 24 hours and warm for 12 hours. It is also durable, made of stainless steel, and toxin free.