Art teacher, Ross, makes a crafty decision

By Michelle Dang

No stress. No worries. Just fun.

With the new schedule changes that are being made for the upcoming school year, teachers were allowed to volunteer to teach an extra class during the Embedded Time period and allow students a chance to take a break from academic work.

Art teacher, Kat Ross, is the supervisor for the Arts and Crafts class during the week and plans to teach four crafts to the students.

One of these crafts is laser engraving. It starts with students making a design on the computer and then sending it to the laser machine where the image would be engraved on either a piece of wood or plastic. Students can also choose between knitting, embroidery or needlepoint and basket weaving.

For those who decided to take the class, they had already attended a meeting with Mx. Ross to decide which craft that they wanted to do for the class.

“You don’t have to know anything or write about it,” Mx. Ross said. “Just do it for fun.”

Ross wants everyone to be able to enjoy crafts and not have to think about school and homework. The objective of these is to create an exceptional learning experience that allows students to be happy and have more fun.

“Enrichment should enrich your life,” Mx. Ross stated. “It will be a skill that you’ll have for the rest of your life.”