Disney magic back again on the big screen

By Daeja Conner

In 2019 anticipated Disney Live Action movies, “Dumbo,” “Aladdin,” and “The Lion King,” are expected to hit the big screen.

Since 1937, Walt Disney Animation Studios has brought the world numerous iconic animated feature films such as “Snow White,” “Pinocchio,” and “Bambi.” During the upcoming months some of the worlds best known actors and directors will gather to produce live action remakes of the most iconic Disney movies so viewers can experience the Disney Magic once again.

On March 29, Dumbo the big eared elephant will come to theaters in a live action circus film remake, directed by Tim Burton. Tim Burton, a renowned director has produced some of the most well known movies such as “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” and “Alice in Wonderland.”

Actors such as Colin Farrell from Daredevil and Michael Keaton from Batman will star in “Dumbo.”.

After the debut of “Dumbo” Disney fanatics will experience a whole new world in the remake of “Aladdin” on May 24. Disney will bring the tale of a unlikely hero and his romance with Jasmine once again along with its revolutionary soundtrack. Directed by Guy Ritchie “Aladdin” will also be accompanied by, Grammy award winning artist, Will Smith playing the part of the Genie and Naomi Scott as Princess Jasmine.

Simba and Nala will return to theatres on July 19 in “The Lion King.” It will be directed by Jon Favreau who also produced the Disney remake of “The Jungle Book” in 2016. Along with Favreau, actors such as Donald Glover, also known as “Childish Gambino,” will fill the role as the lion prince Simba and Beyoncé will voice his love interest Nala. With these successful music artists playing the leads the remake of the soundtrack is also expected to be a well anticipated.

Also, coming March 27, 2020 the live action remake of the 1998 movie “Mulan” will return. The movie follows Mulan, who is empowered to defy tradition and fight in a war in place of her father. Directed by Niki Caro, the 2002 director of “Whale Rider” the movie is expected to have a well developed female lead. Chinese American actress and singer Lui Yifei will be acting as Mulan.

These childhood movies that one generation grew up watching will be revitalized for the next generation to anticipate.