The Ten: Top holiday movies to watch

By Valerie Nea

Copy Editor

1. “Elf”

A hilarious classic Christmas movie about a young orphan that is mistakenly taken to the North Pole and ends up raised as an elf. Years later, he discovers he is not really an elf and journeys back to New York to learn more about his past.

1. “Home Alone”

After being accidentally left behind on his family’s Christmas vacation, eight year old Kevin McCallister goes on a crazy adventure to defend his home from two clumsy burglars.

1. Disney’s “A Christmas Carol”

A heartwarming family movie, that shows the true meaning of Christmas to Ebenezer Scrooge, an old penny pinching man, through the help from three ghosts.

1. “Love Actually”

A romantic comedy that follows the lives of eight couples leading up to the different plots intertwining on Christmas Eve. This movie is full of surprises, humor, and notable actors.

1. “The Nightmare Before Christmas”

A unique twist on a holiday film that follows the adventures of Jack Skeleton from Halloweentown who stumbles across Christmastown and creates a mischief when he kidnaps Santa.

1. “Daddy’s Home 2”

This sequel is a fun lighthearted family comedy about Dusty and Brad, two dads, that join forces to give their kids the best Christmas ever. Their teamwork is put to the test when their own fathers show up in town causing complete chaos.

1. “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”

This classic movie for families about the green Christmas-hating Grinch in Whoville who plans to ruin the holiday for the town. However, Cindy Lou Who changes his perspective with her cheerful holiday spirit.

1. “Good Luck Charlie it’s Christmas”

This Disney Channel Original movie is based on a fan favorite show “Good Luck Charlie.” When Teddy gives up her seat on the plane with her mom they embark on a long, hilarious trip full of obstacles to reunite with their family.

1. “A Christmas Prince”

A recent Netflix original movie about an aspiring journalist who falls in love with a prince when sent during the holidays to cover his coronation. This movie is the epitome of the cheesy Christmas romance movie to boost the holiday spirits.

1. The Polar Express

A throwback movie that highlights the excitement and wonders of Christmas through the magical journey to the North Pole. During his ride on the Polar Express he learns about friendship and the spirit of Christmas.