Hot/Not Halloween Candies

Hot/Not Halloween Candies

By Chloe Law

HOT: Skittles

“See the rainbow, taste the rainbow,” Skittles has paved the way for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow with flavors ranging from tropical drinks to citrusy fruits in every color imaginable.

NOT: M&M’s

Though M&M’s have expanded its color range from the original brown, orange, red, green, yellow, and blue, the options in flavor have continued to stay at two: with or without peanut?

HOT: Candy Corn

Whether you love or hate the taste of this tiny treat this no one can deny that its trademark yellow, orange, and white stripes are analogous to all things Halloween.

NOT: Tootsie Rolls

Tootsie rolls make their appearance in almost every Halloween bag and as cute as the name is, the bland flavor and need for excessive chewing does not pack the fun, flavor, and color that Halloween entails.

HOT: Tootsie Pops

Move aside because Tootsie Pops are making their scene by packing as much flavor as possible with the combination of fruity lollipops and classic tootsie rolls it is really the best of both worlds.

NOT: Dum Dums

As much as we love this lollipop, Dum Dums are seen year-round and too often to make the cut when it comes to treats that scream exclusive to Halloween.

HOT: Twizzlers

Licorice meets innovation with Twizzlers with the brand offering flavors from classic Red to fruit punch and textures from Twists to Pull ‘n’ Peel.

NOT: Red Vines

Though Red Vines have been a classic for licorice lovers, there’s no helping that there is no variety. The Red Vine family only welcomes two flavors: Red Licorice or Black Licorice.

HOT: Hershey Kisses

Hershey Kisses are sweet with its creamy texture and rich flavor that melts right on your tongue; the perfect kiss to end your night and its endless flavors are only a bonus.

NOT: Reese’s Pieces

Reese’s Pieces have added products to their Halloween menu including Reese’s Pumpkins and Reese’s Eyeballs, but it is obvious that they are all variations of their original chalky peanut butter cup formula.