Self-improvement apps

By Rodin Batcheller

Addendum Editor

Headspace

Want to meditate? Not enough time to do it? Well, Headspace is the app that solves the dilemma of getting in one’s daily meditation. Headspace is meditation made simple and, in just a few minutes a day, can teach the life-changing skills of meditation and mindfulness. This app is sure to help one stress less, focus more and even sleep better.

7 Minute Workout

The description is in the name. With over 2 million downloads, 72 exercises and 22 additional workouts that can be customized and modified, this app is the perfect way to slim down for the new year. This app is perfect for people who are on the go, but still want to fit in the time to get fit.

Myfitnesspal

This app is a great way to keep track of one’s calories as the year progresses. This mobile food journal has access to the world’s largest nutrition and calorie database and will help users quickly add and log recipes from across the web to help keep track of their daily intake. This app will help one become more aware of what goes into one’s body everyday. Gain the knowledge, lose the weight.

Unstuck

Ever feel stuck? There is an app for that. Download this tool and learn to turn those problems into productivity. This app is all about improving oneself for the better and is happy to volunteer top problem-solving advice at the touch of a button, which is something definitely needed from time to time throughout the year.

Happier

Don’t be sad, get Happier. This app serves to “celebrate the good all around you.” Just type in a problem or choose from a short list given by the app. Providing short courses on gratitude and being thankful for everything life has to offer, this app teaches its users to feel better about their lives. So, turn that frown upside down and start feeling happier.

Coach.me

Everybody needs a little motivational push every now and then, whether it is waking up on time, getting to school on time, turning in homework on time… doing a lot of things on time. Nevertheless, Coach.me is an app that can track one’s habits, give advice and push them in a direction that they would have never otherwise been able to go.