Meet Ethos, Logos, Pathos

By Jasmine Lam

Ethos. Logos. Pathos.

That is the name of one of the four supergroups in Gabrielino’s yearbook staff. In total, there are seven people that are part of Ethos, Logos, Pathos.

Junior Fion Lau and senior Marleld Duran are both leaders of the supergroup. They lead their teammates on what type of content their spreads should have. Within this supergroup they branch off into two smaller groups that Lau and Duran are also in charge of.

Duran’s group is called Sadnap while Lau’s group named Elephants. Those in Duran’s group include sophomore Michelle Duong, and seniors Lloyd Kwan and Wendy Xie. Lau’s group consists of sophomore Annaly Guirola and senior Eduardo Beltran.

Both groups are assigned spreads, however, one group works on design during one week while the other may be getting missing content for their Editor in Chief, Alenna Espadas.

“Everyone in the group is always offering to help out others,” stated Espadas, “I know I can depend on them while still getting their own work done.”

The supergroup dedicates their time to the yearbook during class and outside of class as well. Sometimes the group will take their work home if they run out of time in class to finish in order to ensure that the spreads are done on time.

Inspiration for their super group name came from the the seniors in the group that were in Advanced Placement (AP) Language and Composition the year before. Their teacher, Phillip Zamora, is also the yearbook advisor and they thought it would be a funny way to remember their junior days.

Their smaller group names, Sadnap and Elephants also hold meaning. For Duran’s group, their favorite animal is the panda but Duran wanted it to be more creative so the word “sadnap” is pandas backwards. As for Lau’s group, elephants are their favorite animal.

“Although meeting deadlines is stressful, I able to fun and build bonds working with my group members,” stated senior Lloyd Kwan, “There is a sense of friendship and family within my group. We have each others backs.”