What tall will “Dead Men” tell?

By Jasmine Venegas

Set to hit theaters tomorrow, “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” is the latest and allegedly the last “Pirates” film from Walt Disney Animation Studios, according to Slashfilm.
    In the new installment, Jack Sparrow, played by Johnny Depp, embarks on an adventure to pursue old nemesis Armando Salazar, played by Javier Bardem, who is conspiring with his Spanish Navy ghost crew that escaped from the Devil’s Triangle. These villians are on the mission to kill every pirate at sea.
    Aided by his new allies, Henry and Carina, played by Brenton Thwaites and Kaya Scodelario respectively, Jack Sparrow must find the Trident of Poseidon in order to defeat Salazar.

According to Forbes, the movie is predicted to make $90 to $100 million at the box office this weekend. This range would be consistent with the $90 million opening made by the 2011 predecessor, “On Stranger’s Tides.”
    Former stars Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom, who play Elizabeth and Will Turner, will be making an appearance in this film, after leaving follwoing the third film.
    “I’m of course Davey Jones now, so I’m down the bottom of the ocean,” Bloom stated to IndieWire, “It might be kind of fun to do something where I’m rumbling round the bottom of the ocean, because I won’t look anything like me.”
    According to Entertainment Weekly, the film will introduce audiences to Elizabeth and Will Turner’s son, Henry, played by Brenton Thwaites, who will embark on a search for answers about his father, accompanied by Carina and Jack Sparrow.
    “This film is exciting,” stated Depp at the premiere at Shanghai to Entertainment Tonight, “There’s something huge happening everyday so it has an energy and a force behind it that I’ve never really experienced before.”
    Directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, stated at the premiere in Shanghai that Depp’s performance was one that will reprise the role of Jack Sparrow. They stated that he gives a tremendous performance throughout the film.
    However, according to Rotten Tomatoes, a movie review website, the film has a 34% rating on the site’s Tomatometer.
    Recently, Deadline reported that high-tech hackers have stolen a copy of Walt Disney’s upcoming “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” two weeks before its May 26th opening day. Hackers have stated that they will threaten until Disney pays ransom.