The 10: Spookiest Classes

10. Journalism: The deadlines prevent any writer from seeing the sun. Interviewing is also feared by any journalist. If I mess up the accuracy of one quote, my career is ruined. 

9. AP Chemistry: Debatably one of the most time-consuming classes available at Gabrielino High School, it is the class for anyone asking for a death wish. Certain labs even require that students create potions. 

8. AP U.S. History: Learning about our dead founding fathers that are ghosts sure is interesting. Besides that, it can be labor-intensive, a student will be a mortal corpse like a founding father by the end of the year.

7. AP Spanish Language and Culture: Learning a brand new language can be scary, but staying this long in a language course is scarier. Poor unfortunate souls end their Spanish class-level saga here.

6. P.E.: The only grade that matters is a single mile per week. There is no stop to the madness but to get through the mandatory two years. Besides mile days, students play sports until they are a sweaty mess in the California sun. 

5. AP Psychology: During lectures, the lights turn off at random. Not just that, students get to learn how to read minds. Telepathy is common among AP Psychology students. The class births psychics, not actual psychologists.

4. Any math course provided at Gabrielino: As most people say, math is not for everyone. It makes my brain burst to see all those numbers whirling about in my head and on my paper. Some students treat it like the plague. However, there can never be an escape from the grasp of math.

3. AP English Language and Composition: The placement of the tables in this classroom is formatted as if a sacrifice is going to happen. Sitting at the middle table is like being in the center of a circle…brings back memories of Socratic seminars. 

2. Speech and Debate: Legend has it, the voices of past students echo occasionally in the speech room– the screams, cheers, and cries. Regarding the subject itself, choking during a performance is just as scary, let alone getting graded by judges.

1. Stagecraft: The spookiest class by far, because it is practically three standard classrooms in one. The moment one walks in, they see rows of dark seats. Various props are randomly pushed up against the wall; it looks abandoned. There is also a huge saw…hopefully, it is used for the correct purpose.