Track Finishes Hopeful

Ivy Kwok

The track team was one of many spring sports to have their season shortened this year due to coronavirus warnings that eventually lead to the school’s closure. 

They were only able to participate in the Temple City Mock Meet on Feb. 27 and the South El Monte Dual Meet on March 4, both of which they won.

“I think this season was going to be amazing looking back at it,” co-captain Nicolas DiConti reflected. “Personally, I [had] been training harder and I was ready to do big things this season. As a team, we also looked really great and I think there would’ve been a good chance for us [to become] League Champs.”

While the coronavirus has ended their season early, this does not discourage them from wanting to come back stronger next year and reach even greater heights.

Co-captain Nicholas Correnti is thankful for the four years he spent on track and although Correnti is graduating this year, he wants to tell his team that, “Even when times are tough, keep pushing like you [always] have through plenty of long runs and tough races.”