‘Frozen 2,’ lovely Disney animated sequel

By Lana Hy
    Copy Editor

The adventures of Arendelle’s magical Queen Elsa and her kind sister, Anna, continues in the release of ‘Frozen 2’ on Nov. 22. This Disney animated film thoroughly encapsulates the struggle of self-discovery through the use of intense graphics, a theatrical soundtrack, and an interesting storyline.

In the ‘Frozen’ sequel, Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven embark on a journey beyond their kingdom in order to discover the origin of Elsa’s powers and save Arendelle after a mysterious voice calls out to Elsa.

I was impressed with how the animations of this adventurous story was aesthetically pleasing and visually stunning. The graphics throughout the movie looked realistic. Compared to the first movie, Disney has upped its game in terms of animation, visual effects, and soundtrack. Being a musical fantasy drama, the song sequences are strategically placed, which also regulates this fast-paced film.

The original stars, Idina Menzel as Elsa, Kristen Bell as Anna, Jonathan Groff as Kristoff, and Josh Gad as Olaf return in ‘Frozen 2.’ The cast does an excellent job of bringing the characters to life again. Olaf was able to melt my heart with his lively presence, amiable character, and his humor.

I also appreciate how Elsa and Anna are portrayed as positive role models by always looking out for one another. They are strong women who lead confidently, communicate, and support each other. It was incredibly heartwarming to witness their sisterhood progressively grow stronger. Knowing that the sisters spent six years as each other’s only family reminded me of how grateful I am to have a big family.

In addition, important life concepts such as empowerment, acceptance, tolerance, perseverance, and true love are touched upon, which made it such an endearing film. As a fan of the original movie, ‘Frozen 2’ was able to bring back the magic from its predecessor.

Overall, this film is worth watching because of its phenomenal soundtrack. All the lyrics in the songs of ‘Frozen 2’ were beautifully written, and its tunes were catchy. I even downloaded the ‘Frozen 2’ soundtrack on Spotify. Its empowering plot also sets it apart from other sequels created by Disney.

For the first time in forever, I have found a film that has captured the heart of my soul, and I will never be able to “let it go.”

‘Frozen 2’ is rated PG and is currently in theaters in the United States and United Kingdom. This film will also be available on the Disney Plus service next summer.