Track and Field

By Thomas Chung

Copy Editor

Although the varsity Track and Field team faced challenges against competitive opponents at their first two meets, the Eagles ended their season with a record of 4-1-1 and the Lady Eagles ended their season with a record of 4-2.

Senior Julian Thai was the Mission Valley League Champion of the high jump, triple jump, and long jump. Senior Skyler Hudson completed his track season as second athlete in school history to break 2:00 in the 800 meter run. Both managed to make it past CIF Prelims and competed at CIF Finals.

Joy Hano, senior, was the League Champion in the 300 hurdles and set the school record. Hano also became second in school history in the long jump and 100 meters. As a freshman, Kristen Song finished the 3200 race as the third fastest in school history.

“It seems that every year we have strong class of seniors that set great records, act as mentors to the younger athletes, and maintain a supportive and competitive team culture,” stated Coach Ryan Kammerman. “I am excited to see what the future has to hold for our track team.”