The 10 Biggest Disappointments in Entertainment

By Leslie Lim

1. “The Last Airbender”

The live-action remake of the classic animated “Avatar: The Last Airbender” flopped as the stiff acting and the pace of the movie did not reflect the fun, quirky show that many had come to love.

2. “Sierra Burgess is a Loser”

The cringey plot of a high school outcast catfishing her crush did not resonate with many teens. Instead, it left a bitter taste in the mouth of many as Sierra Burgess’ actions showed her to be vindictive and self-isolating.

3. Steve Harvey’s Mix-up at the 2015 Miss Universe Pageant

Many gasped in delight as Miss Columbia was announced by Steve Harvey to be Miss Universe in 2015. However, this was redacted quickly and it was unveiled that Miss Philippines had won instead. The ensuing silence said it all.

4. “Insatiable”

The Netflix original was a let-down as the generic plot of “ heavy girl drops weight and suddenly becomes attractive” felt off-putting to many. What was worse was the bad writing and awkward acting that left many wishing they had not clicked.

5. “Solo: A Star Wars Story”

Widely anticipated, the prequel to the beloved franchise “Star Wars” was set to be a hit as the movie told the story of Han Solo before he joined the rebellion. However, many felt that the plot did not tell a clear story and that the addition of new characters fell flat.

6. Justin Timberlake – “Supplies”

In the early 2000s, Timberlake was called the “King of Pop” but in 2019, he is not the “King of Trap” as his rap song fell flat and left many fans confused. We all have school supplies; stop flexing on us, Timberlake.

7. Disneyland

Disneyland might become the “most expensive place on Earth” after it recently raised its prices in anticipation for the opening of its new Star Wars attraction. The ticket for a regular demand day is now $129, a 12 dollar increase from before.

8. Fyre Festival

Created by Ja Rule and Billy McFarland, Fyre Festival was supposed to be a luxurious experience on a remote island in the Bahamas. Instead, what guests received were cold sandwiches, disaster relief tents, and sopping wet mattresses.

9. The 2019 Super Bowl Halftime Show

The 2019 Super Bowl Halftime show was disappointing to many Spongebob fans as they played only the beginning of “Sweet Victory,”.Not to mention Adam Levine wearing a shirt similar to a target cushion, making the show an instant meme.

10. “Justice League”

Used to many failures in the DC movie universe, fans hoped for a change with “Justice League” but were greeted with the predictable and generic plot. The CGI was mediocre and, with a projected production budget of $300 million, should have been much better.