Correnti bags part time at Trader Joes

By Stephanie Rubio

Copy Editor

From track meets to AP Biology Labs and Boy Scout meetings, Nicholas Correnti, junior, is known for his hard work and undeniable spirit. Along with all of his responsibilities on campus, Correnti has taken it upon himself to work part time at Trader Joe’s too.

Inspired by his sister, Kate Correnti, who worked at Trader Joe’s during her high school career, he decided he wanted to follow in her footsteps. In 2018, Nicholas applied for the job, following the application process and two separate interviews. He was finally hired at Trader Joe’s and began to work at the age of 16.

“Nick is super trustworthy, if he says he’ll do something, he will get it done without question, which is a very important quality in a good worker.” explained fellow boy scout Brendan Kim, junior.

Nicholas got his license only two weeks after applying for the job. He describes that working part-time, driving and managing his own schedule has taught accountability. Not being dependent on anyone has taught him to work hard during his time at Trader Joe’s.

“Saturday and Sunday afternoons tend to be the busiest, so my job is to put shopping carts away for customers to use,” stated Nicholas. “I also bag groceries, clean the store and help pull product forward in shelves when there isn’t enough. Other than that, I am always answering questions if customers need help.”

Trying his best to work through his schedule, Nicholas works mainly weekends and afternoons to plan around his classes because junior year tends to be the most important year when working towards college. For that reason, Nicholas has taken on classes like AP Biology, AP Language and Composition, and Spanish 3 in order to push himself academically.

“Nicholas is one of the most independent and original people I’ve met. He is so humble and hardworking and always goes above and beyond in and out of school” explained Corennti’s friend, David Campos, junior.

Working alongside many adults, Nicholas describes that his part-time job has pushed him to be more confident when interacting with others. Nicholas is one of the youngest workers on the staff, yet is held at the same standard as the rest of the workers.

“I enjoy working at Trader Joe’s and it has definitely pushed me out of my comfort zone, helping me mature,” added Nicholas, “I know I will be working there throughout next year until I go off to college.”