Nintendo Switch

By Linus Chhun

Set to release on Jan. 13, the Nintendo Switch will include new functions and introduce controllers. There will also be a better third party support. It will be the improved version of the Wii U. More details and information will come around in January.

Being the first hybrid of consoles and a handheld device, the Nintendo Switch has high expectations after the release of the reveal trailer, fans are quite excited for the Nintendo Switch live stream around the month of January.

“I believe that the Nintendo Switch is going to be popular because it is basically an upgrade of the Nintendo electronic devices, with better 3rd party support and being the revolution of being a console and portable device,” said Carlisle Vinuya, Gabrielino High School freshman.

According to GamesRadar, the prices range from $299-$349, using the Wii U model as a comparison for price.

According to Forbes, Capcom has shown interest in partnering with Nintendo to create games such as “Red Dead Redeption” from PlayStation and Xbox to the Nintendo Switch. However the creation of the multiplatform is proving to be difficult because the Nintendo Switch is different from PlayStation and Xbox.

According to Ars Technica, a technology-based newswire, the Nintendo Switch is everything that the Wii U is supposed to be. It introduces the concept of having a home console as well as a portable device.

It adds on new and diverse franchises, such as “The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim” and the most recent Zelda game, “Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.” It was originally set to be released in 2015 however it is now currently set to be released in 2017.

The Switch will introduce cellular data services which includes video streaming systems such as Netflix.

With no stylus, the Switch is not going to include a touch screen, instead it will follow the steps of other more traditional game controllers such as the ones used by PlayStation and Xbox. The Nintendo Switch will have two modes available.

When docked, the Switch will be charged and acts as a home console. When undocked it becomes a portable device, similar to the 3DS.