Phoenix Kitchen, perfect place for Chinese cuisine

By Vanessa Wang | Junior Editor

Postmates

Phoenix Kitchen, a Chinese restaurant with many locations throughout the county, has been one of my go-to places for years. I have tried out many of their dishes before; this time I ordered the Yeung Chow fried rice, the minced chicken lettuce cups, and the Thai mixed seafood noodle soup. 

My favorite was the minced chicken lettuce cups. It was flavored and cooked perfectly, not to mention the strong, mouthwatering aroma. There was an equal amount of chicken, diced mushroom, and green onions, and just enough lettuce cups to go with them. The contrast of the lettuce and the chicken made for a perfect appetizer.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the Yeung Chow fried rice, one of the most popular items on their menu. As soon as the lid was lifted, I could smell all the different components of the dish inviting me to eat. It consisted of shrimp, green onions, eggs, and Chinese sausage. The different ingredients complemented one another well through taste and textures. The savory flavor of the sausage was able to perfectly tie the dish together.

Their Thai mixed seafood noodle soup is perfect for someone who loves eating spicy foods. There is a perfect balance of spiciness in the soup, having some heat without being unbearable. The combination of noodles, seafood, and vegetables felt like an explosion of flavors in my mouth while also being very filling. 

The contrasting textures add to the richness of the dish. They offer four different types of noodles to choose from, which is convenient for those that have specific preferences.

Due to the new mandates forbidding in-restaurant dining, I was forced to order take-out instead. This process was made incredibly easy due to their app, “Phoenix Food and Desert,” which allows customers to order online and earn points for rewards. It was simple to use and made picking up food from the restaurant fast and straightforward. 

The food was very well packaged. The containers were secure, ensuring no leaks or spills.  Each dish had a different type of container that made it convenient for the food it included, and the bag that everything came in was tied up securely and easy to carry. 

The prices at Phoenix Kitchen are very reasonable. The dishes were all less than $15 and came with more than enough food for two people per dish. For the quantity of food that I received and the quality of the dishes, this price is perfectly logical.

I enjoyed all three dishes I ordered. This is a fine restaurant with good service and high-quality meals. It is perfect for people looking to try something new or just wanting to have a casual meal somewhere. 

Phoenix Kitchen

9225 E Las Tunas Dr.

Temple City, CA 91780

(626) 285-0988