Girls swim looks forward to next season

By Cassidy Lee

The Gabrielino High School girls swim team lost against Mark Keppel High School on March 9 at Barnes Park.
      The Eagles competed against Schurr High School, losing against the Spartans on March 5.

“I think everyone was really looking forward to swimming in league.” stated senior captain Jasmine Wong. “Everyone had been working really hard in the few months leading up to our first meets.”  

Despite the short-lived season, the Lady Eagles worked their hardest in order to improve from last season and better themselves for the next. By learning from and improving their mistakes, the Eagles are confident about a bright season next year. 

“There’s never a dull moment because everyone is always filled with energy before a meet,” Wong stated. 

The team experienced many ups and downs throughout the season, however, the Eagles are excited to see what next year has in store for them.

“I know that they’ll make a huge comeback next season and I can’t wait to see all of the great things they will accomplish.” explained Wong.