Boys volleyball suffers loss through season

By Cassidy Lee

On April 9, the varsity boys volleyball team will travel to La Canada High School to take on the Spartans.

Last season, the Eagles faced off against the Spartans; however, the team lost both games, 0-3. This year the Eagles plan on upholding their confidence as they play against the Spartans once again.

On March 27, the team will go up against San Marino High School. Scores were not available during press time.  

GHS will square off against South Pasadena High School on March 26. Scores were not available during press time.

On March 21, the Eagles lost against Temple City High School, 0-3.

The team went up against Monrovia High School on March 19. GHS managed to triumph over the Wildcats, obtaining a win, 3-1. This game marked the Eagles first win of the season.

“Our energy and communication definitely contributed to the win,” stated captain Alex Lau, junior.  

On March 18, GHS played their last preseason game against San Gabriel Academy, which proved to be a tough match for the Eagles as they lost, 1-3..

GHS went up against La Canada High School on March 14 for the first league game of the season, and although they played relentlessly, they were defeated, 0-3.

In the game against La Salle College Preparatory on March 12, the Eagles suffered a loss against the Lancers, 0-3.

The Eagles faced another loss against Village Christian School on March 8. The boys  managed to obtain the first set; however, the lack of energy that the team experienced after the first set cost them the last 3 sets, and they were dealt another loss, 1-3.

“I think we just need more hustle,” said captain Matthew Lau, junior. “We need to be able to keep our energy up throughout the whole game, if we do that then we’d be able to have better communication on the court.”

On March 7, in the game against Schurr High School, the Eagles clinched a win, 3-0.

The team walked away with a loss against Alhambra High School on March 6, 0-3.

On March 5, the Eagles traveled to Salesian High School to face off against the Mustangs, but the Mustangs proved to be challenge as the boys lost, 0-3.

On Feb. 28, GHS played against Flintridge Preparatory School for another preseason game, but lost, 0-3

GHS squared off against San Gabriel High School on Feb. 26 and were defeated, 0-3.

The Eagles went up against St. Genevieve High School on Feb. 25 and won their first game in the preseason, 3-1.

“We kept our enthusiasm and energy up,” stated senior Vincent Lee. “We also communicated well with each other in the game.”

On Feb. 21, the Eagles faced off against Don Bosco Technical Institute. The team played tirelessly, but the Tigers proved to be worthy opponents when they beat the Eagles, 3-2.

The Eagles suffered their first loss in preseason on Feb. 19 against Ontario Christian High School. The team fought incessantly on the court, but were defeated, 0-3.