Lunar New Year horoscopes

By Lana Hy

Dogs (Years: 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006, 2018)

Dogs are known to be a man’s best friend making them loyal companions. Their dedication to everything they do is the reason they are so successful. Dogs are also independent, love to tackle challenges, and value morality. However, Dogs suffer from imaginary fears and tend to start quarrels. Rabbits are who dogs get along with best. Dragons, Sheep, and Roosters are most likely to argue with Dogs.

Pigs (Years: 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007, 2019)

Responsibility and generosity are vast portions of a pig’s personality. They show empathy when enduring other’s mistakes which is why pigs gain peaceful relationships with so many. A negative trait that Pigs display is gullibility. Pigs also lack taking action which showcases their lazy side. Tigers, Rabbits, and Sheep share similar values and have common goals, whereas Pigs can never come to a consensus with Snakes and Monkeys.

Rats (Years: 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008)

In the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac, Rats are ranked first. Their strengths include their brilliance, being cautious of their surroundings, and their outgoing personality. However, Rats are also known to be stubborn and tend to show a lack of perseverance. Rats get along best with oxen, Dragons, and Monkeys. Animals that Rats should avoid are Horses and Roosters since they are prone to start arguments with one another.

Oxen (Years: 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009)

Those born in the year of the Ox are the most hard-working and honest people. They never let obstacles get in the way of reaching success. Despite their positive character traits, oxes have trouble expressing themselves making them seem inarticulate and, like rats, can be stubborn at times. Oxen are most compatible with Rats, Snakes, and Roosters. Tigers, Dragons, Horses, and Sheep bring trouble.

Tigers (Years: 1926, 1938, 1950, 1962. 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010)

Tigers are notable for being independent, powerful, confident, and brave. Their sincerity makes it easy to win the trust of others. When it comes to their accomplishments, Tigers are notorious for showing off. Their short-tempered and arrogant personalities usually result in hardships. Their best sources for help to overcome difficulties are Dragons, Horses, and Pigs. Tigers, should be wary of other Tigers, as well as Oxen, Snakes, and Monkeys.

Rabbits (Years: 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011)

Rabbits are known for their hospitality. They avoid arguing with others and do not get angry easily. Rabbits have the ability to work quickly in an efficient manner. However, Rabbits have a tendency to hesitate often which results in missed opportunities. Rabbits are also considered to be the most romantic of all zodiacs. Their best love compatibilities are with Sheep, Monkeys, Dogs, and Pigs while Snakes and Roosters are likely to end their marriage.

Dragons (Years: 1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012)

Dragons enjoy having a high reputation. They are clever, energetic, and showcase leadership skills, but can be arrogant and selfish at times. Dragons tend to question their purpose in life and are prone to experience multiple tragedies throughout their lives, but learn to survive the hardships that come their way, making them strong individuals. Roosters, Rats, and Monkeys provide Dragons support. Oxen, Sheep, and Dogs are their enemies.

Snakes (Years: 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013)

Snakes are known for their wisdom, intelligence, humor, and sensitivity. Most of them excel in the areas of literature and art. Their optimistic attitude and work ethic contributes to their success. Snakes show a weakness in being too suspicious, which exemplifies their hesitant and paranoid facets in their personalities. Snakes form harmonious bonds with Dragons and Roosters, but conflict with other Snakes, as well as Tigers, Rabbits, Sheeps, and Pigs.

Horses (Years: 1930, 1942, 1954, 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002, 2014)

Independence and endurance are how Horses gain power. Horses are regarded to be social butterflies, attractive and full of sympathy. On the other hand, Horses have a tendency to be indolent, greedy, and carry excessive pride for themselves. Like Snakes, Horses believe that having a positive attitude leads to triumph. Horses share the most in common with Tigers, Sheep, and Rabbits. They share the least with Rats, Oxen, and Roosters.

Sheep (Years: 1931, 1943, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003, 2015)

People born in the year of the Sheep are shy, polite, kind-hearted, and clever. Character traits that make Sheep unique from the other animals in the Chinese zodiac are elegance, creativity, and caring. Sheep like to spend time helping others, but need to avoid pessimism and hesitation. Horses, Rabbits, and Pigs respect Sheep the most and bring them happiness. Oxen, Tigers, and Dogs are obstacles that prevent joy for Sheep.

Monkeys (Years: 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004, 2016)

Monkeys are quick-witted, honest, enthusiastic, and flexible. The curiosity of monkeys causes them to bravely try something interesting. Their honesty and gentleness is their key to having an everlasting love life. However, jealousy and having a tendency to look down on others are negative traits that Monkeys possess. They share similar attitudes and opinions about life with Oxen and Rabbits, but have trouble communicating with Tigers and Pigs.

Roosters (Years: 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005, 2017)

Some excellent characteristics of roosters are genuinity, responsibility, enthusiasm, and independence. Roosters like to dress up and to complete tasks following to their plans. They are unwilling to accept other people’s suggestions leading to the lecture of others. Some weaknesses seen with roosters are being impatient and overconfident. Roosters get along easily with Oxens and Snakes, while Rats, Rabbits, Horses, and Dogs often quarrel with roosters.