Masterminds behind fall rallies

By Nyah Toomes

Staff writer

One rally. One theme. One committee.

The Associated Student Body rally committee is the creative mind behind all of the rallies and activities at Gabrielino High School. They design the posters for the varsity athletes in season and compile a video of highlights for the teams. They are also in charge of the music and the skit that reveals the homecoming theme.

The rally committee is composed of students in ASB who volunteer to take part in the rallies and activities. The students brainstorm ideas and vote on what the themes, designs, and activities should be for our rallies. It took the rally committee one meeting to come up with the theme for Gabrielino’s Homecoming this year. Being on the rally committee allows students to voice their ideas and express their creativity.

Everyone in the rally committee works their hardest to put out the best rallies they can and bring the entire student body together.

“When it’s the day of the rally and we see everything prepared,” senior Jessica Lopez said, “it feels good to know that all our work was worth it.”

Though putting together a big rally such as the Homecoming rally may be stressful, the outcome of hard work is satisfying to those who put their time into making it happen. The amount of time and effort the committee puts into the Home-
    coming rally is often not acknowledged.

ASB finds joy in being involved in school activities, constantly encouraging other students to get involved as well. Generally, the themes of the rallies are made up by ASB, they are also open to the suggestions of others.

Student involvement is an important aspect of a successful rally. However, finding students who are willing to participate in the activities proves to be a challenge to the members of the rally committee.

“I want people to come up to us and ask if they can do the activities because it shows that they’re excited about doing it and it shows school spirit,” Sam Holguin, senior, said in a cheerful tone.

Although the rally committee demonstrates that they put a lot of effort into the rallies and activities, they cannot be 100 percent successful without the involvement of the rest of the student body.

In order for the rallies and activities to be fun and enjoyable, there needs to be participation from students outside of ASB. The rally committee plans and organizes each and every rally, but it is the students’ responsibility to participate.