Aesthetic of a staff member
Aesthetic of a staff member
Staff • June 4, 2024
End of school year sports recap
Bren Belmonte, Staff Writer • May 30, 2024

The 10: Fall foods

FESTIVE+FALL+FOODS+-+Credit+to+Google+Images.+
FESTIVE FALL FOODS – Credit to Google Images.

Ah yes… fall. The sun rushes to reach the winter, remaining bright despite cloudier skies; the autumn season is a mesmerizing time of colorful leaves and cooler temperatures. Here are 10 fall treats you should look forward to enjoying while they are still in season. 

1. Pumpkin Pie

Nothing is more representative of fall festivities than pumpkin pie. It’s a shame it isn’t available year round (or at least at Trader Joes, Cotsco, and most supermarkets.) You should expect to see this treat at Thanksgiving dinner. I mean, seriously, what Thanksgiving dinner is complete without it?

1. Pumpkin Spice

Fall is the season for pumpkin spice and everything nice. Nothing beats the powerful elements of nutmeg, ground cinnamon, and sugar from your local Starbucks, not to mention Pumpkin Spice’s aesthetic appeal. 

1. Apple Crisp

There’s no disputing it: anything “apple” is most delicious during the fall. After all, apples are the freshest during September and October. The perfectly gooey apples and crispy oat crumbles, with melted vanilla ice cream on top, make the Apple Crisp a fantastic fall treat. 

1. Cranberries

The bright, tart flavor of cranberries is unlike any other fall fruit… seriously, what other fruit do you consider “fall”? You can do so much with cranberries too! Cranberry juice, cranberry pie, cranberry jelly, cranberry spritzer, the list goes on. 

1. Caramel Apples

With fall in full swing, there is no better way to celebrate than with the traditional carnival-core treat of a caramel apple. The crisp and buttery taste of the caramel, mixing with the tart and sweetness of the apple creates a perfect harmony of flavor. You can also find one at your next local county fair… but it’s a FALL treat, so you would be cheating. 

1. Sweet Baked Ham

Hidden on the dinner table–likely tucked behind your Thanksgiving turkey–you will find the “other” meat which everyone who (wrongfully) thinks turkey is bland eats: sweet baked ham. Now, arguably no Thanksgiving is complete without a turkey. However, if you just so happen to dislike turkey, this deliciously glazed half treat, half dinner will still allow you to have a satisfying Thanksgiving dinner.s

1. Sweet Potato Fries

If you’re trying to stay a little healthier this fall season, then you should definitely look into trying some sweet potato fries. The sweet, salty taste of sweet potato makes these fries a delicious treat. It also pairs well with chill, which, might I add, is the ideal fall soup. 

1. Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll

A glazed and flavorful sweet treat you can look forward to this fall season are pumpkin cinnamon rolls. They’re cinnamon rolls… but with a spicy, sweet twist (and seriously, who doesn’t like cinnamon rolls?) 

1. Turkey

No “fall foods” list is complete without the well-loved–or infamous–turkey. The rich, slightly gamy flavor is representative of nothing more than a typical American Thanksgiving dinner. Personally, I prefer sweet ham when I’m at the Thanksgiving table, but Thanksgiving simply isn’t the same with no turkey. 

1. Figs

With a distinct seedy, sweet texture and taste, figs are an excellent addition to your savory fall dish. Their high sugar content adds a burst of sweetness to your otherwise plain dish.