The 10: Best red things

By Jordan Hum | Copy Editor

10. Coca-Cola: An oldie but a goodie, Coca-Cola has been the ambassador of soda since 1892. While Coke has cemented itself as a staple in red thing marketing, its brown interior has sparked controversy regarding its classification as red.

9. Ketchup: This is America’s condiment. One can find it on burgers, hot dogs, fries, and nuggets across the country, making it one of the best accomplices of all time. The only thing holding it back is the taste by itself. No one eats ketchup alone. Gross. 

8. Apple: This is the ol’ reliable red, a timeless classic with a solid crunch that gets the old folk on their feet. It is delicious in pies, when candied, or alone. Just do not let doctors be in the presence of an apple. They will cry. 

7. Santa Claus: Tis’ the season to be the color red. This jolly old man sports the color with remarkable flair, but a gentle touch at the same time. There is no way he can hold that many toys in his bag though. Someone must be lying. 

6. Sriracha: The mascot of the 626 can be found in every restaurant in the area. Being based in Rosemead, the locality of the sauce gives it a sentimental taste. The brand is also untrademarked, so go ahead, use the name to make some moolah. 

5. Hot Cheetos: The beautiful crunch. The dust on the fingers. A slap of heat and flavor in the face. Nothing beats a good bag of Hot Cheetos. Chester Cheetah was in his bag with this one.

4. Blood: The fundamental fluid of life, humanity would simply not exist without it. One might think it tastes good. It does not. Blood gives life, but also looks really cool when pouring out of a face. It is not always for the faint of heart though. 

3. Solo cups: The party icon since parties were invented. Do not fact-check that. A party would not truly be a party without solo cups. Play games, drink drinks, put chicken tenders in it; it does not matter. Red solo cups make the world go around. 

2. Red lights: One of the more controversial picks, the red light seems annoying. However, one must remember that red lights save at least three lives a day, likely more. They ensure the safety of people driving and walking. Truly a selfless player. 

1. Marinara sauce 

Italy, rejoice. This is the sauce of all sauces. Pizza, spaghetti, lasagna, calzones, and a dip in itself. Like ketchup on steroids, nothing captures the essence of flavor like marinara sauce.